Thursday, May 19, 2011

AN'11...CC...Maid Cafe...Money...BJDs

Have mercy. This is going to be a long journal I think. LOL

So, the production sweat shop has been moving along. Not at the pace I want it to be..considering I had planned to have all the plushies finished by now. I didn't make all the ones I initially planned for since 1) Either I was missing fabric 2) too complicated to make in short time 3) not enough time.

I've been having movie marathons with Studio Ghibli stuff and Adventures of Sherlock Holmes while I sew and finish up the 'army divisions'. Can I say, I love the Granada series with Jeremy Brett as Sherlock! LOVE. 

I've finish all the porings and almost done the plushies. I'll have about 35 completed for the convention. I have to say I've never made so many at once and it's quite taxing. I just finished all the hairstyles today and the glue fumes are pretty intense. It's not toxic or anything but man oh man....My room is going to stink for a couple days. I better try to air it out tomorrow before I leave for work. Ugh!

I'm worrying about the progress for the BJD items. However, I think it will just be that I'll have a small amount done and not the amount I would initially like to sell at the convention. I'll live though, I'll just look at it as a trial test to see if things sell. I finally re-ordered some business cards last week, hopefully they come in time...cause that would be a mega fail if they don't! I still have the old ones from 3 years ago, and although my old website has died, my devArt is still alive and well, so it's not a huge problem to use the old ones if the new ones don't come in in time.

Am I excited for Anime North? I'd like to say I am. A few years ago I would have been freaking out around this time trying to complete costumes and what not. However I think I learned over time to finish my costumes almost a month ahead so I wouldn't have to think about it. I just remember waking up the day for the 'big' cosplay and being so nervous and not being able to eat anything. Now that I think about it, I'm not really sure what I was nervous about...perhaps that the costume wouldn't fall apart? LOL

The practices for the maid cafe have been coming along well :) 
It should be a fun year, I just need to remember the last part of the old dance, cause for some odd reason I can't remember the moves I need to do right now when I visualize it in my head. 

Here's a picture from last year with all the maids ♥
I'm in the front making the heart with my hands.
Photo: Jordan Smith from the Cafe Delish fan page on Facebook.

Hopefully some friends will pop by and see us in action! As much as I think it's a bit embarrassing, I think when we're at the convention it all doesn't matter...cause everyone's all dressed up and what not. But at the same time, I've learned to deal with the whole pride issue a long time ago. Once I got into cosplaying, it was just weird explaining to people who didn't understand the concept. I just said I liked making....historical costumes...and they said 'cool'. LOL

So maybe you'll catch me in my maid outfit on Friday or Saturday. I'll be dancing at the opening ceremonies on Friday and be at the cafe on Saturday.

Work~ Since I deal with large amounts of money, and I see a lot of old rare bills all the time, my sister had a request for me. She wanted me to find this bill.

I personally think it's very beautiful. I've never seen one nor do I have one in my own collection actually! I have old bills with the Queen on it, but I've never seen this one with the RCMP on the back.
Anyways, this past weekend, I managed to find it while I was sorting. However, when I wanted to exchange it for my own 50 dollars, I noticed...I had like 7 bucks to my name. LOL I had spent it all the day before. But the good thing is that the lunch room has an ATM machine... was just charged a bit extra since it's not the bank I normally use for banking. 
I'm quite happy with finding it! It's in pretty decent condition even though it's obviously been through a bit of circulation. It's not perfect, but it's better than the fake one we found later on that had 8 crease marks on it! LOL

On other random news, the postman has certainly been ruining my beauty sleep! Besides my sister shipping stuff to my house and me receiving my own items, I've gotten some pretty cute things lately for my dolls. One outfit was an impulse purchase in a sense...I thought about it for a day and it was still on eBay when I got home so I decided to go for it. Love Rosenlied outfits ♥
This one in particular I thought would look great on Delilah since it was red...and red really suits her. I would post up pictures, but I don't have a camera right now.
Which also explains why I don't have progress pictures of the plushies in making, etc.!

The Luts order that Alice, my sister and I did still hasn't been shipped, and it worries me...so I've sent them an e-mail asking them about it. Such is taking a long time for them to ship it out. I've noticed a lot of the items have also been sold out, I hope it's not the case of they don't have a certain item anymore and they're going to hold the order until it gets back into stock. I will be so Very annoyed...

I just happened to be on Rosenlied's website today...and they are going to release basic Louie on May 20! Rosenlied, how I LOVE & HATE YOU. I really love his sculpt, although when you look at his head without the face up or wig he looks like he has an alien head...HOWEVER, I think he is so adorable. How tempting it is, but I must stand my ground and let him be on a wishlist. Sage is the one I really want...and very soon she shall be mine!

This is the LE release of Louie for Rosenlied's 4th Anniversary. He was limited to 10 worldwide! I just gave up then when I saw that.
I knew he would be released as a basic since he is the first Wednesday Child to be released..so I'm not worried about that. But he's so adorable, and that Sherlock Holmes inspired outfit really gets to me!! It's so cute..I'll have to make something like that for Ventus.

Recently Alice has pointed out to me some of the discussion threads on DoA that are quite amusing and random to read. I must say some of the topics are so...how do I put it, serious? Hard core? I know some owners really covet their dolls and treat them like their own children, but some of the topics discussed are just really comical in my mind. Of course, we all have our own opinions..and I'm just going to stick to the fact that I like collecting them because I think they're very beautiful..and it's just another outlet for me to sew cute things...even if it doesn't fit me!

Well, I'm off to bed since it's almost 3am in the morning!
Until next time~

No comments:

Post a Comment